So I chose to scroll through my Facebook posts…and couldn’t stop! I went all the way to 2009 (then my eyes started watering) which forced me to hit the brakes. Gosh, one thing was clear, I used to post much more often back then and not just links, but about the everyday happenings in my life…from superficial ills to eating chocolate cake. That’s definitely died down…why? Not sure, maybe because now I don’t feel the need to share every inch of my life with others, maybe because initially, I didn’t have so many Facebook friends (which now include a myriad of uncles and aunts, who have slowly become more tech savvy! :)) though in comparison, I still don’t have a long list, but prefer it that way.
I also noticed that when it came to certain subjects, nothing’s changed. This is what I’d posted in 2010
- Oh how the news influences my mood…
- It seems that fighting is a game where everybody is the loser.
– Z. Hurston
- Superficial ills galore…bad hair day, a couple of hrs less sleep, sour mood, missed ep of fav tv series, early mornings, late nights…etc etc…and then I switched on the news….
Yup, it’s still all the same, the news has this really nasty effect that can simply ruin your day (though I have managed to control myself when it comes to reading taunting comments on certain online news sites). I’m pretty sure I posted the second one in regards to all the fighting going on in the world, which it still is, and the third one speaks for itself.
So the above posts may hold true (sadly) even today, but it’s not something I’d post now. Articles yes, but not my own posts, and especially not ones talking about my frivolous (well not so trivial at the time, these fringes can drive you nuts!) bad hair day! And I also have issues with the short forms I’d used! (‘ep’ ‘fav’…?? *Gasp!* How could I?!)
There were certain posts I now differ with, like this one:
I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth. -Janeane Garofalo
It’s difficult, yes, but you only ruin your own health if you go down this path of cracked glasses and bruised lips. So this won’t be appearing on my Facebook wall anytime soon! I’ve risen above, moved on, bid adieu… well, you get the picture!
Now these are the posts I still wholeheartedly agree with and wouldn’t mind posting them again (but like I said, I’m off my posting days).
- To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see every day, is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism you can perform. – Theodore H. White
- A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval -Mark Twain
- The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same- Carlos Cantaneda
- Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
So this scroll down Facebook lane has been enjoyable. There weren’t
any many why, why, why did I ever write that post?? moments and the realization of living in the now, more apparent than ever! (I wonder how I’ll analyze my posts another 5 years from today?)
Day 23 NaBloPoMo/NanoPoblano/YeahNoMo