I had put this quote at the end of my SPF challenge, Playing Life’s Game, but it’s definitely worth repeating.
- What greater purpose can there be of life, than helping others?
- Prayer + Action, is how to get things done.
- Each of us has a part to play (no matter how small) in taking care of those less fortunate.
- Be the miracle who can help end the suffering.
Some more incredibly apt quotes by the legendary boxer Muhammad Ali.
– Old age is just a record of one’s whole life.
– What you’re thinking is what you’re becoming.
– My principles are more important than the money or my title.
– God gave me this illness to remind me that I’m not number one, He is.
– My way of joking is to tell the truth. That’s the funniest joke in the world.
– Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you’re going to be right.
– Life is so short; we get old so fast. It doesn’t make sense to waste time on hating.
– Often it isn’t the mountains ahead that wear you out, it’s the little pebble in your shoe
– I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world.
– Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change.
– Allah’s the Arabic term for God…..do the right thing, and go the right way, things will end up in your corner.
– Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.
– If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, then they can sure make something out of you.
– So what I’m gonna do when I get out of boxing, is to get myself ready to meet God……God don’t praise me because I beat Joe Frazier…..He wants to know how do we treat each other, how do we help each other…….
– I didn’t want to submit to the army and then, on the day of judgment, have God say to me, ‘Why did you do that?’ This life is a trial, and you realize that what you do is going to be written down for Judgment Day.