What is it about these charming, old musicals? From their tone of voice to their graceful actions, nothing compares to these one-of-a-kind movies from the days of simplicity and finesse.
The Philadelphia Story, starring Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and James Stewart was the epitome of fun, laughter, wit and charm.
Later on, a remake, High Society was made and that too was as delightful and witty! Starring an amazing cast of Frank Sinatra, Grace Kelly and Bing Crosby.
Movies for the entire family to watch and love. Free from malice and imbued with just pure grace, these films transport us to an era of bewitching beauty.
Here are some quotes from High Society that will make you chuckle!
- Mike: She’s a lovely girl. Tracy: Yes, isn’t she? Ah, but we’re afraid she has a homicidal streak.
- Mrs. Lord: Tracy, look at the way she does her hair. Tracy: Oh, yes, it’s lovely. Is it lacquered?
- C.K. Dexter-Haven: Uncle Willy, this morning you look like a tree full of owls.
- Mrs. Lord: Caroline, don’t say stinks. If absolutely necessary, smells, but only if absolutely necessary.
- Liz Imbrie: Mike, if I ever am in your way. Don’t honk, just run over me.
Equally witty quotes from The Philadelphia Story:
- Macaulay Connor: Doggone it, C.K. Dexter Haven! Either I’m gonna sock you or you’re gonna sock me. C.K Dexter Haven: Shall we toss a coin?
- Liz Imbrie: Where’s this room? I’ve forgotten my compass. Macaulay Connor: I’d say, south-by-southwest parlor-by-living-room.
- Macaulay Connor: I’m testing the air. I like it but it doesn’t like me.
- Tracy Lord: The time to make up your mind about people is never.
- Macaulay Connor: Tell four footmen to call me in time for lunch will you?
- Uncle Willie: Must we ride this thing? Wouldn’t we be more comfortable on pogo sticks?
- Dinah Lord: Oh it won’t rain. Tracy won’t have it.
- C.K Haven Dexter: I’m sorry, but I thought I’d better hit you before he did. He’s in better shape than I am.
Day 2: NaBloPoMo/NanoPoblano/YeahNoMo